I. Each applicant must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a. valid driver’s license
b. certified copy of birth certificate
c. valid passport
d. military ID card
II. Each applicant must present one of the following for proof of Social Security number:
- a. Social Security card
b. print out from Social Security office
c. payroll stub with Social Security number
III. Fee for a Marriage License in Texas is approximately $71 without State of Texas approved Marriage Education Counseling Class; approximately $11 with counseling class (Cash only accepted)
For more information on the Marriage Education Counseling Class, click on the Marriage 101 link on the right for online course or go to www.twogetherintexas.com
IV. The following applies to application for a Marriage License in the State of Texas:
- Bride and Groom must each be 18 years of age without parental consent.
- Persons as young as age 14 may apply with parental consent.
- Applications must be made in person by both applicants at any county clerk’s office.
- No blood test is required.
- No residency requirements; license is valid anywhere in the State of Texas.
- Marriage License is valid for 30 days from issuance with a 72 hour waiting period before ceremony may take place (waived for active duty military personnel).
- In case of recently divorced applicants, a 30 day waiting period is required from the date of filed divorce decree. Female applicants must submit a certified copy of final decree showing restored maiden name if different from current identification.
NOTE: If applicant is from Mexico and does not have any of the other forms of identification listed, he or she may be required to show a valid photo ID from the Mexican Consulate.
NOTE: Witnesses are not required in the state of Texas. Neither the Bride and Groom nor any witnesses are required to sign the marriage license. The Minister/Officiant is the only one who is required to sign the license.
V. To apply online for a Dallas County Marriage License, click HERE
To all Texas Brides and Grooms–The M101 online course is now an official, certified Twogether in Texas course. If you complete the M101 online course, you will be given a Certificate of Completion to present when you apply for your marriage license which gives you a $60 discount and waives the 3 day waiting period! Click on the Marriage 101 link on the right for more information.
DFW County Clerks Offices
Dallas County – Main
509 East Main Street
Dallas County – East
E. Dallas Gov’t Center
Dallas County – North
No. Dallas Gov’t Center
10056 Marsh Lane, Ste 137
Tarrant County – Fort Worth
Ft. Worth Old Courthouse
100 W. Weatherford
Tarrant County – Arlington
724 E. Border
Tarrant County – Ft. Worth
6551 Granbury Rd.
Tarrant County – Hurst
645 Grapevine Highway
Denton County Courthouse
1450 East McKinney Street
Denton County – Carrollton
Sandy Jacobs Gov’t Center
Collin County – Plano
Collin County Gov’t Center
900 East Park, Ste 140-C
Collin County – McKinney
Collin County Courthouse
2300 Bloomdale Road
Rockwall County – Rockwall
1101 Ridge Road